After spending as much time as I could playing Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands, I am proud to say I cant wait for March 7th to get my own full copy.
We know all the facts about the game, and if you dont here is a quick recap..
- There are 21 regions each with their own civilian populations
- 11 eco systems with different climates, plants and animals
- 26 bosses that you can if you want, track down and elimate
- Single player, Coop 4 player online or offline with AI
- Set in 2019 Bolivia
- Out March 7th
- The functional ability that you have over you player in game and out is the best I have seen in a very long time. All games adapt something from other games as we progress down the timeline of game history.
- When choosing your features for your player you get to pick from options that cover a wide range and offer so many variants that it gives you a great feeling of a personalized player. It took me a half an hour to get the guy right and I wanted to make another. Good thing you have 5 presets to do that with.
- Joining friends and inviting, teaming up is easy and fluid. Menus are not buggy and give you a clear indication of the use and its functions are crisp and not laggy.
- Loading times are fairly quick and the wait screen has a set of 90 tips and tricks you can scroll thru while you are waiting. Lets hope games start to put in mini games at wait screens (the patent that was stopping that came up last year) or maybe we are at the point in time that load screens are a thing of yesterday. Does anyone remember the load time for Gran Turismo? Wow.
- In game I found the views from the peaks to be intoxicating and graphics fantastic. It was a thrill to travel around in the air, the ground and on a boat. Teaming up with some friends, we finished the missions fairly quick on standard and had to bump up the difficulty. Oh man with that, you cant COD it, this is a tactical game that has to be played as such. Well you dont have to, but get use to that load screen, as you will see it allot if you try and to run and gun.
- Right now we know of over 40 guns, Assault Rifles, Light Machine Guns, Submachine Guns, Sniper Rifles and Shotguns. Scouring the game world for new weapons and items is a great way find these items.
- Gunsmithing will allow you to paint your weapon as over time it will get nicked up and worn down. The best part of Gunsmithing is its selection of attachments. The game offers more than 100 attachments (scopes, magazines, stocks, barrels, and more) that you can use to equip your weapon, allowing you to make YOUR weapon. Over 10,000 combinations are possible.
- The car damage model was not accurate and feels like cars from games of 5 years ago
- Barrel roll for your player should be an option, your guy only barrel rolls when dropping from or falling from a height, and does it automatically.
All and All I can not wait to get my copy of Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands on March 7th.